Ask Your Question Here
Contact our patient coordinator!
Umbilical cord tissue is a part (fragment) of the umbilical cord that is rich in mesenchymal stem cells. These stem cells have great potential in regenerative medicine, given their ability to differentiate into cartilage, muscle and nerve cells.
Umbilical cord tissue stem cell benefits:
|New and Active Cells||Easy to Use||Exceptional Cooperation Abilities|
In comparison to adult stem cells, umbilical cord tissue stem cells are newer, therefore they possess greater regenerative abilities
During the transplantation procedure, cord blood mesenchymal stem cells do not possess the risk of rejection and, if necessary, they can be used by any family member with a 100% compatibility rate
Simultaneous use of umbilical cord blood and tissue leads to better treatment results that, in turn, provide more treatment options and improve the therapeutic potential
Umbilical Cord Tissue Stem Cells
Recently, scientists discovered that umbilical cord - the link that connects the foetus to the placenta and protects blood vessels from compression - is a rich source of mesenchymal stem cells. The umbilical cord tissue contains a gel-like substance, called Wharton's Jelly, which is found around the umbilical cord arteries and the umbilical cord vein. This mucous connective tissue contains mesenchymal stem cells, which are far more superior than other mesenchymal cells that are extracted from other sources.
Mesenchymal cells have a wide range of biological characteristics: these cells decrease inflammation, stimulate blood vessel growth, improve other cell survival rate and they can differentiate into a variety of other cell types. Mesenchymal stem cells can migrate into the damaged and inflamed tissue sites to take part in organ and tissue regeneration.
Mesenchymal stem cells, which have been isolated from the umbilical cord, have several characteristics:
- These are very active "new" stem cells, which can be effectively used in regenerative therapy.
- Umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cell collection process does not involve painful procedures like in the case of bone marrow sample extraction or liposuction (fat tissue collection).
- Umbilical cord blood stem cell extraction procedure is easier and faster than stem cell extraction from other biological materials.
- It is possible to extract a large amount of stem cells from the umbilical cord, which means that these cells can be used multiple times.
- Umbilical cord blood mesenchymal stem cells do not possess the risk of rejection and, if necessary, they can be used by any family member with a 100% compatibility rate.